SAFERUN is a SAFE AND RESULT-ORIENTED event wherein motorcycle manufactures and enthusiasts can test the fuel efficiency, performance, durability and dependability of their motorcycles over a 2-day 750km run in actual traffic conditions, various terrain and weather conditions.
SAFERUN aims to further strengthen our advocacy for Road Safety by training the participants to strictly adhere to all government laws and regulations pertaining to road and public safety, to improve their riding skills, fuel economy riding techniques and navigation abilities.
SAFERUN aims to guide the Filipino consumer by publishing the actual fuel consumption and performance of the various engine displacements of motorcycle brands available in the Philippines and emphasize that the motorcycle is an economical and safe mode of transportation.
Basically it is a contest of who is the most fuel efficient motorcycle in the country sponsored by no other than Petron. Each motorcycle has its own category depending on the cc of the engine.
All motorcycles must be 100% stock, Meaning NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED.
It was held last March 2 – 3 2012 from manila to baguio with a total of 750kms. Each rider must stop to the designated petro station for refuel and checkpoint to check their so called “passport”
its a piece of paper that logs your odometer and gasoline consumed.
Here are the TOP 5 FINAL RESULTS OF THE PETRON SAFERUN 2012
1. Sonny Cruz / Honda Wave 125 = 67.29kms/liter
2. Elizabeth Perez / Honda Wave 125 = 66.79 kms/liter
3. Robby Malapitan / Honda XRM 125 = 65.91kms/liter
4. Allan Ragusante / Honda Wave 125 = 64.72 kms/liter
5. Emmanuel Gonong Jr. Honda Wave 125 = 63.03 kms/liter
CLASS 126 to 150cc
1. Glenn Bellido / Honda CBR 150 = 98.30 kms/liter
2. Abelardo Bagay / Honda CBR 150 = 79.28 kms/liter
3. Emmanuel Malibiran / Yamaha Sniper MX 135= 76.22 kms/liter
4. Recardo Sison / Kawasaki Rouser 135 = 74.30 kms/liter
5. Jesus Orense / Kawasaki Rouser 135 = 72.53 kms/liter
CLASS 151 to 399cc
1. Majencia Pascua / Kawasaki Bajaj 200 = 67.93 kms/liter
2. Orlando Lim / Kawasaki Bajaj 200 = 61.37 kms/liter
3. Virgilio Lucas / Yamaha FZ16 153= 52.56 kms/liter
4. Jhaned Orosco / Honda TMX 155 = 50.43 kms/liter
5. Norberto Santiago / Yamaha Serrow 225 = 40.76 kms/liter
CLASS 400 to 649cc
1. Roberto Diaz / Bullet Classic 500 = 28.22 kms/liter
2. Jimmy Barinaga / Bullet Classic 500 = 27.80 kms/liter
3. Karlo Deguzman / Bullet Classic 500 = 27.77 kms/liter
4. Dioscoro Magallanes / Honda S4 400= 23.15 kms/liter
5. Paquito Untalan / Honda CBR F4 600 = 28.22 kms/liter
CLASS 650 to 899cc
1. Antonio Araneta / BMW GS 650 = 34.27 kms/liter
2. Kete Cedenio / BMW GS 650 = 26.93 kms/liter
3. Joselito Corrales / BMW GS 650 = 26.55 kms/liter
4. Miguel Mas / BMW F 800 = 26.16 kms/liter
5. Eugenio Gaw / BMW GS 650 = 25.04 kms/liter
CLASS 650 to 899cc
1. Santiago Castillo / BMW GS 1200 = 25.13 kms/liter
2. Franciso Rivera / BMW GS 1200 = 22.58 kms/liter
3. Marvin Samson / Kawasaki Z1000 = 18.70 kms/liter
4. Wilfredo Castro / Kawasaki Z1 = 17.16 kms/liter
5. June Alcarioto / Kawasaki Z1000 = 16.62 kms/liter
source: webcreator of MCP
source: speedmaniac of yamahat135